I'm glad you're here, so let me explain the purposes for this blog and how we can both make the best use of it. My name is John Foltz and I'm in charge of Web Mail at EarthLink, but I'm also the general "Email Guy" around here (which is the name you'll see on my posts and comments). So most things email-related are fair game here, including spamBlocker, Address Book, etc., but with one exception. You won't find much information here about how to use your own email software like Outlook Express or Eudora. You can find lots of information about those on our regular support site at http://support.earthlink.net.
What you will find here can be seen in the Category list on the left side of the main page. These include:
- Bugs - information about bugs we know about and plan to fix, and possible workarounds in the meantime.
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions, things that many users ask about, have trouble with, or get confused about. These come from your reports through the Feedback form in Web Mail (yes we do pay attention to those) and from call center reports, as well as from questions that are asked repeatedly on this blog.
- Plans - things we plan to do over the next few months. Your feedback is essential to those plans.
- Releases - information about changes in new releases when they come out.
- Tips & Tricks - helpful hints about how to more effectively use Web Mail features. Good user suggestions will be added here.
My hope is that this site will stimulate discussion and comments, and help us continue to improve the products. I encourage you to comment here, as well as continue to use the Feedback form in Web Mail. That's another valuable source of information for me. Before posting questions here, take a look at the FAQ and Bug sections as your question may already be answered. All posts have comments enabled except a few general ones like this one and the Ground Rules.
Most of what you see on this blog will be written by me. It isn't filtered or reviewed by marketing, public relations, or anyone else at EarthLink. My interest is in providing the best email experience to you I possibly can. So I'm interested in hearing the straight scoop from the horse's mouth, so to speak. In return, I'll be totally honest with you, and I won't avoid any prickly subject as long as it is related to the theme of this blog, and is information that I can publicly discuss. Sometimes what I write will be my opinion. Those opinions are mine and do not necessarily represent the opinion or position of EarthLink.
Please read the Ground Rules before posting comments or questions.
If you find problems with this blog site itself please report them. And let me know if you find that something I've done with the layout takes away from the usability of the site.
Enjoy the site, and please do participate.