« Does Known Spam use my storage quota?     |   Back to MAIN   |     High-priority open bugs as of 11/04/06 »

FIXED - Trash is being deleted before my setting - 11/03/06

Subject:       FIXED - Trash is being deleted before my setting
Date: November 3, 2006 3:40 PM

FIXED

In Web Mail preferences you can set the automatic deletion of the Trash Folder to 1, 7, 14, or 30 days, or Never. Currently there is a bug where Trash is auto-deleted at a maximum of 14 days, and settings higher than that are not being honored.

This bug also exists for the Suspect Email folder if you are using spamBlocker on High. That folder has the same settings.

trash-pref.gif

UPDATE - This bug is now expected to be fixed in around the end of March, so that setting 30 days or Never will work correctly. In the meantime, please don't put email in the Trash that you want to keep permanently.

Posted by: Elsie Crespo   |   November 29, 2006 2:21 PM    |   (1)

I
can not log on to email since yesterday, Nov.28th without trying many times. Can you help me?
This happened several weeks ago. What the problem?

Posted by: Fred Stegmayer   |   November 29, 2006 4:32 PM    |   (2)

Every time I sign on webmail I have to put in my id and password. Checking "remember my password " doesn't work. Earthlink support told me to go to internet options, clear passwords, and reenter them. This only enters my id automatically for about 2 or 3 signons and never shows my password. Any way to correct this??

Posted by: Email Guy   |   November 29, 2006 4:59 PM    |   (3)

George - Web Mail can remember your username entry but not your password, for security reasons. You will have to use your own browser to do that. To get the "Remember Me" checkbox working in Web Mail, make sure you browse to this link exactly: http://webmail.earthlink.net Enter that in your browser and save it as a bookmark or homepage. Clicking the Web Mail link at the top of any earthlink page will also take you there. Note that when it loads in your browser, the URL will change, don't worry about that. Then check the box to remember you, and log in. Then your email address will be there when you come back next time (to that exact URL).

Posted by: Jay Dahl   |   January 11, 2007 6:48 PM    |   (4)

It appears that this was not fixed in November as I still seem to be having the same trouble. (11Jan2007). Any idea when it might be solved?

Posted by: Email Guy   |   January 11, 2007 6:59 PM    |   (5)

Jay - you are correct, the change is not in effect yet and I apologize for the delay. It should be resolved soon.

Posted by: Jay Dahl   |   January 15, 2007 12:53 PM    |   (6)

Thanks - as an aside, your "live help" people are in total denial that the problem exists. I went round and round with them a week or so ago. Finally gave up with them.....

Posted by: Albert   |   January 26, 2007 9:25 PM    |   (7)

Yesterday, important mail in my suspect E-mail box was automatically deleted before I could check it. This has never happened before.

is it a bug in Earthlink Web Mail?

Posted by: Email Guy   |   January 27, 2007 4:15 PM    |   (8)

Albert - Messages in the Suspect Email folder have always been automatically deleted, on an interval that you can change in the settings. As mentioned above, right now you can't increase the default above 14 days (but that has always been your default setting).

Posted by: Jay Dahl   |   April 4, 2007 11:49 AM    |   (9)

OK - it has been about 3 months since you said it should be fixed soon... Still has not been fixed... I am wondering just where it is on the priority list?? Thx

It was already fixed for all earthlink.net addresses and other domains like yours should have the fix in place in the next few weeks.

Posted by: Jay Dahl   |   June 11, 2007 1:49 PM    |   (10)

Thanks for getting this fixed for those of us who are on a domain other than earthlink.net!

This issue is fixed for all users on all our domains (including yours). Thanks for your patience.