Version 5.11.2 was released in the wee hours this morning. This is a maintenance release that has some significant improvements, and a lot of bug fixes. If you find that any bug fix listed below still happens to you, please report it here as a comment and we'll see it. We have some other exciting releases coming up that will be described in the Plans category. Here is a list of most of the changes in this release:
- Color & Graphics compose mode (html messages) should now work on most browsers except Safari. Up to now it only worked on Internet Explorer. You should see a new toolbar in the compose view. Safari will be added soon.
- Spell-check should now work on html messages as well as plain text messages.
- Spell-check should now work on most browsers.
- The Allowed Sender Request form (when you use spamBlocker on High) now has an audio CAPTCHA option for visually impaired users that can't read the image CAPTCHA (human verification). At the moment it only works with some audio configurations. It will be enhanced in the next round.
- The problem with the Back button having to be clicked three times is fixed.
- The address autocomplete feature now has a loading indicator for large address books, so on the first compose of a session you will know when it is still loading.
- The bug that caused autocomplete to fail if you had a contact name containing an apostrophe, is fixed.
- Support for 800x600 displays is fixed so that you don't have to scroll the main window horizontally.
- All banner ads now load last after all other content, so they should never cause a delay. All features are usable before the banners load.
- Seaching for a word in the To header now includes the CC and BCC headers too.
- The bug with a long CC line causing the page to expand horizontally is fixed.
- The bug where the selected message in preview mode was not highlighted is fixed.
- Certain special characters (including % and !) that are supposed to be allowed in email addresses, are now supported.
- Various minor bugs in the Address Book were fixed.
- Fixed the bug that caused an error when sending, "Due to a problem with your browser, your message cannot be sent. It has been saved in the Drafts folder." This was an incompatibility with users running Norton Security.
- The forwarding preference now allows setting up to 10 forward addresses.
This release also added support for a new Address Book backend that will be coming up soon, enhancing the functionality of our Address Book. More on that later.