« Review of "Ask Email Guy" publishing criteria     |   Back to MAIN   |     FIXED - Users still reporting trouble forwarding attachments »

Web Mail 5.13.2 released March 28 - 03/28/07

Subject:       Web Mail 5.13.2 released March 28
Date: March 28, 2007 4:04 AM

The maintenance release that I've been promising was put into production at about 3AM EDT today. The release is to fix the several issues that were introduced on 3/7. Thanks for your patience over the past 3 weeks waiting for these problems to be fixed.

The fixes in this release are:

• Sending attached files with spaces in the filename was failing. That is now fixed.

• When using Mozilla-based browsers including Firefox 1.x versions, Netscape 7 or 8, and Mozilla 1.x, users encountered problems with the message listing where lines disappeared, some subjects couldn't be clicked, and the page contained a lot of blank space. This is fixed.

• When using the Preview pane, deleting messages in the middle of the list would cause unread messages higher up in the list to be hidden until the user got a fresh listing by changing folders and back, or logging out and back. This is now fixed.

• Support for image map tags in HTML messages is now restored.

Thanks again for your patience while we resolved these problems.

Posted by: hauksdottir   |   March 30, 2007 9:05 AM    |   (1)

Hmmm.... it won't let me answer "feline" even though I type better than my human servant.

She can read her email again and I get a lap to sleep in, so we are both happier. :)=

Thanks!!!

Posted by: Carol Campbell   |   April 22, 2007 8:14 PM    |   (2)

I still have trouble opening email because the subject does not appear. I use Firefox on a MacBook.

Posted by: Russ B   |   April 27, 2007 6:25 PM    |   (3)

The Thawte SSL certificate from for https://www.springmail.com has been expired, now, for just over a year.

I reported it back when it expired, but since it has not been fixed, I suspect that you never heard about it.

Can you add that to the list of things to fix in the next release?

It won't be renewed, it is a discontinued domain. You should be going directly to webmail.earthlink.net. It is only an oversight that the redirect is still working, which takes you to webmail.earthlink.net when you enter that old site in your browser. Now that you brought it to my attention, we will probably just turn off the redirect.

UPDATE:We went ahead and renewed it after checking how many people still use that old domain to access Web Mail.

Posted by: nirma jimenez   |   May 7, 2007 5:35 PM    |   (4)

Very cute. thank you, for the help

Posted by: barbara   |   August 25, 2008 9:16 PM    |   (5)

What is the simplest way to send a graphic in the body of an email using Webmail?
If it is still not possible, please tell me when this feature will be added.

Thanks,
Barbara

The feature will be added in Web Mail 6.0, later this year.