« Web Mail 5.16.3 released July 6     |   Back to MAIN   |     FIXED - Buttons not visible on older IE browsers »

Email Guy back from vacation, getting to your comments - 07/10/07

Subject:       Email Guy back from vacation, getting to your comments
Date: July 10, 2007 4:41 PM

I'm back, and catching up. If you have a pending comment from the past week, I'll get to it in the next 48 hours. Thanks for your patience.

Posted by: ronin   |   July 10, 2007 5:28 PM    |   (1)

The change in the 5.16.3 to allow returning to the login page after sign out is great. However, there's a bug in the implementation. Even with the preference set to return to the login page, sometimes, it's dumping me back to the my Earthlink page. While it was annoying to live with the my earthlink page for the last six weeks, it's even more annoying to have to deal with it when there's a preference that's supposed to avoid it completely.

That is strange, and the only report I have of this behavior. Delete your browser cache (temporary internet files) and see if the problem stops. If not, give me some information about your browser and operating system, and any other strange behavior you see such as other preferences you have set not being read properly when you log in.

Posted by: ronin   |   July 11, 2007 9:33 AM    |   (2)

Yes, I thought it was strange too. I tried to pin it down to specific circumstances such it occurs every 'x' login/logout' cycles but I was unable to do so. All of my other preferences have remained as I have set them. Only the sign out behavior was acting contrary to the setting. I'll keep an eye on it and report back if happens again.

OS: XP sp2
Browser: Firefox 2.0.04

Posted by: matokie   |   July 11, 2007 11:02 AM    |   (3)

I would like to have the *logout link* be either moved or repeated to the upper area of the page. This would avoid having to scroll when I am ready to log out.

I would also like to have the option NOT to have the new welcome page that displays before my inbox. I do not use that news feature, and it just makes one more thing to click before I can check my email.

thanks,
matokie

The Sign Out link will be moved to the top in an upcoming release. You can turn off the news preview now by clicking Preferences / Web Mail Options.

Posted by: Colleen Riley   |   July 12, 2007 9:43 PM    |   (4)

Glad you are back. Hope you had fun and rested.
I am still not able to send attachments. If it is your problem, please fix. If it my problem, HELP!Thank you,
Colleen

I'm not aware of any problem now or in the past with simply attaching files to a message and sending them, using Web Mail. The problem we had for a while was with forwarding messages that had attachments sent to you, and that is now fixed. Send a message to email-guy at earthlink dot net with a file attached, and I'll check it out and reply to you with the result. If I get the file fine (which I expect to) then the problem is not on your end.

Posted by: michael mayer   |   July 13, 2007 6:11 PM    |   (5)

Web Mail is unavaiable in HongKong

The Web Mail site webmail.earthlink.net is a public site on the Internet that can be connected to from anywhere. If you can't, this is a network issue between where you are and our network.

Posted by: dcm   |   August 2, 2007 8:45 PM    |   (6)

have you done anything that would erase all of my e-mail???All of my
e-mail has vanished! Please advise....
thankyou

On Aug 2 19:24:33 EDT the email software running on your computer (not Web Mail) downloaded 189 messages to your computer and deleted them from the server. You will find your messages in that software. It appears from the logs that prior to that, your software was set to leave the messages on the server, and then that setting got changed.

See this FAQ for help correcting your settings, and more information.

Posted by: Barbara   |   August 21, 2007 12:19 AM    |   (7)

I have a friend who sends me mail via charter.net I have her in my address book and she still has to ask to be added to the address book and I have to go to web mail to see her messages. Is there a problem on my end or hers? Thanks

Make sure the address in your Web Mail Address Book exactly matches the address on the From line. If so, then click the "Update SpamBlocker Addresses" button on the Address Book page and that may clear it up.

Posted by: Benedict   |   September 3, 2007 12:46 PM    |   (8)

I have some webmail issues my new iMac: It doesn't show the progress of attachments uploading, it puts duplicates of my "sent" mail in the trash, and it doesn't keep me signed in (despite Preferences.)