« Getting the First Time User screen repeatedly     |   Back to MAIN   |     Web Mail 5.16.4 released July 27 »

How do I automatically forward all my email? - 07/17/07

Subject:       How do I automatically forward all my email?
Date: July 17, 2007 4:25 PM

User "Ron" (among many others) posted this question to Ask Email Guy:

Can I have my email automatically forwarded to another email address?
Sure. In Web Mail click Preferences / Email Forwarding, and set the address there. All incoming messages will then have an exact unmodified copy automatically forwarded to the address you specify, and the original will be kept in your local mailbox unless you uncheck the option there to keep a copy. If you won't be checking the local mailbox at all, you may want to turn off the option to keep copies so that you don't fill up your storage quota.

Posted by: hager garriott   |   July 22, 2007 9:47 PM    |   (1)

why does the printer print the left margin and part of the e-mail instead of all the document or e-mail?

That has been a general printing bug in the IE6 browser for a long time. The printing feature is much improved in IE7, and works better in other browsers too. With IE6, you can sometimes get acceptable results by using the Print Preview feature on the browser menu and adjusting the page setup. You can also search Google as there are some add-ons that help with this problem.

Posted by: T. E. Vinson   |   November 10, 2007 3:05 PM    |   (2)

I have one mailbox that is frowarded to another. Is it possible to forward to TWO destinations at the same time? I would like to send a copy to a mailbox at home and one at work.
Thanks.

The Forwarding settings page allows you to set up to 10 simultaneous forwards. You can get to the settings from Web Mail or from My Account.

Posted by: A.Whaley   |   January 13, 2008 8:46 AM    |   (3)

I have selected the mail forwarding option and it works successfully for messages that come into my Inbox. However, when a message comes into suspect email and I select that message to get moved to my Inbox (in other words it is not spam but your server thought it was), the message does not get forwarded. Why is this?

When you set an automatic forwarding address, only messages delivered to your Inbox get forwarded. This is by design.

There is nothing in your Suspect Email folder that the server "thought" was spam, that isn't what determines delivery to that folder. There is a single rule that determines whether a message goes to your Suspect Email folder or to the Inbox, and that is whether or not the sender is in your Address Book already. That is how the High setting works. All non-spam messages are delivered to Suspect Email unless you add the sender to your Address Book. When the server identifies a message as spam, it is delivered to the Known Spam folder, not the Suspect Email folder.

Posted by: Renee   |   February 4, 2008 1:41 PM    |   (4)

I want to forward all my OLD e-mails, not just new ones, to another account without having to do it one at a time. Is there a way to do it all at once or to do several at a time?

I have it set up to forward incoming e-mails to another account, so I already figured that part out. Thanks!

Existing messages can only be done one at a time.

Posted by: john james   |   February 24, 2008 6:05 PM    |   (5)

We are finally going to be able to obtain a satellite connection for our internet. Great thing is we can get off dial-up, bad thing is we will be leaving Earthlink. I need to know if it is possible to forward emails from Earthlink to my new satellite email account, and if so, for how long would I be able to forward? I would also like to add a note back to the person that my email has changed and report to them what it is. Is any of this possible?

Much obliged for your help
John James

You can set up forwarding on your mailbox (Preferences / Forwarding) and you can set up an auto-reply (Preferences / Vacation Message). What you can't do is keep either of those active if you close your account. What you need to do is convert your account to Premium Email, which is an email-only account for $3.95 per month. Call customer service and ask to convert it when you are ready. Then just keep it as long as you need to.

Posted by: Mark Fisher   |   April 23, 2008 8:07 AM    |   (6)

I read your answer on moving items from Suspect E-mail to the Inbox, but they do not get forwarded per my auto forwarding preference. Is the only way to forward these messages from the inbox to my forwarded account to do so manually? If this is the case, can a future feature upgrade change this?

Suspect Email is not forwarded and should not be. If you want all email to be forwarded without filtering, you should turn that feature off (set to Medium). Once you allow a sender and it is delivered to your Inbox, then it is forwarded.

Posted by: Mark Fisher   |   April 25, 2008 1:19 PM    |   (7)

You wrote "Once you allow a sender and it is delivered to your Inbox, then it is forwarded." This does not happen on the first message from that sender? Once it is moved to the inbox it will not forward unless I do so manually.

I guess I wasn't clear. That message was delivered before you allowed the sender. It is subsequent messages that will get forwarded. In a nutshell, anything delivered to your Inbox gets forwarded. Of course, moving a message to the Inbox is not going to retroactively deliver it, or forward it.

Posted by: Ajay Mahamuni   |   March 30, 2012 5:52 AM    |   (8)

How do I automatically forward emails from specific sender in webmail?

There is not a way to do this in Web Mail.