I'm on vacation and will publish and respond to your comments when I return. On Friday morning 7/6 a new release of Web Mail was put into production, labeled version 5.16.3.
This release has a number of important bug fixes and a couple feature changes. The main new feature is the addition of a new Preference for setting your Sign-out destination. The default will continue to be the myEarthLink page as it is now, but you will be able to choose the setting to return to the Login page. This will be particularly useful for users who check multiple email accounts, to avoid extra steps. To change the setting, click Preferences, Web Mail Options.
Other than that, this release has the following bug fixes:
- Forwarding attached files will now work properly.
- The bug where the spell checker would occasionally delete the message text, is fixed.
- The preview pane will now properly wrap text to the window and won't require a horizontal scroll if the content can be wrapped.
- Sorting the message list by the Sender column is fixed.
- The character limit for entering on the Bcc line has been removed. Note that there is still a limit of 100 recipients for Web Mail, in any combination of To/Cc/Bcc.
- You can now send a message out with the To line blank, as long as there is an address on one of the address lines (Cc or Bcc).
- Fixed the layout problem caused by long folder names displayed in the folder list drop-down for the Move messages feature.
- The spell-check dictionary has been updated and greatly expanded to include many more words. At the same time, we removed a few vulgar words from the dictionary that had been there before.
There are also some fixes that affect certain MIME types that didn't get displayed correctly by Web Mail, and in particular file attachments sent from Apple Mail should now be received properly.