« Why am I getting bounced messages I didn't send?     |   Back to MAIN   |     Keeping your EarthLink mailbox »

"This Is Spam" reports bouncing - 09/24/07

Subject:       "This Is Spam" reports bouncing
Date: September 24, 2007 2:20 PM

For the past couple of days we have had an intermittent problem where spam reports (you click This Is Spam) are bouncing back to you. This is being worked on now and should be fixed soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Posted by: Hans Auerbach   |   September 25, 2007 12:28 PM    |   (1)

Why is my web mail inbox self cleaning??? How can I change this? Thank you

Your Inbox is not self-cleaning, and no messages are ever deleted from your Inbox by EarthLink. You probably have other email software running that has removed the messages, and you will find them there. See this FAQ for help.

Posted by: Clfford Perrenod   |   October 8, 2007 8:07 PM    |   (2)

Dear E-Mail Guy,

This is a followup to a previous issues I have reported. When I receive messages in "My Suspect E-mail Folder" and select them as "this is Spam" and click the button the spam messages are still going to my trash folder instead where they should be going (my quess that they arte being fed into a spam signature file or folder of some sort that helps keep the filter updated). I was told by you earlier that this is not supposed to happen and that the issue would be fixed. It has not yet and I noticed that I am getting more spam then before. Is this still not suposed to happen?

Regards,

Cliff

The spam report is still sent, and that isn't related to moving the message to the trash. You can read the FAQ on what happens when you report spam. On the deleting, there is an inconsistency right now in that if you delete messages individually from the Suspect folder then they are moved to the Trash (same as if you report them) but if you use the Delete All Message button they are deleted immediately and not put in the trash. User opinions are mixed on which of these behaviors is desired. Some users always want the ability to recover a mistake. Other users don't want messages marked as spam to take up space in the Trash folder. My opinion is to err on the safe side, as users can empty the trash at any time or can change the auto-delete Trash setting in the preferences. They can also go to Trash and check off messages they want to immediately delete. So I'm not sure right now how we'll resolve that inconsistency. Perhaps a new option would be good to choose the desired behavior.

Posted by: Clark Frazier   |   November 15, 2007 11:03 PM    |   (3)

The 10 line limit in the email inbox is much too small. It would be helpful to have a much higher limit (in the range of 25 to 200 or more). I rarely allow very that many messages to accumulate except when the POP3 client is down, as it is now, or I am on the road, but the email client very quickly becomes almost unmanageable when it is not possible to see all of the messages in the inbox at the same time.

Click Preferences / Web Mail Options and change the setting to 200 messages per page (or whatever setting you like).

Posted by: Joan Ward   |   November 20, 2007 9:17 PM    |   (4)

I don't like having a third of my email page showing ads all the time. Can I eliminate them? How? I would like to use the whole right side of the page for my emails.

Posted by: Mari'a   |   December 11, 2007 11:29 AM    |   (5)

Why do I still keep getting the spam messages that I report daily as spam. The same ones from the same persons/companies continuosly appear in my mail box. Please ,Please, do something about this. Not only is it annoying but it is also time consuming to report