We took your feedback and fixed a few things in the 5.50 release from two weeks ago (which you can read about in the two posts below this one) and got a new one out as quickly as we could. Here's the main things that changed in Web Mail today:
- The order of the Delete and Spam buttons has been switched back on all views. The Delete is now first, where you are accustomed to having it.
- The font used to display plain text messages is changed back to the familiar monospace font (the same one you see here, I switched this back to match).
- We adjusted a few of the toolbar button sizes and spacing that was causing width problems on smaller resolution screens.
- We made a change that will force an update of the style sheet file on browsers that were holding the old incompatible one in the cache, causing layout problems for some users.
- The sizes of the icon columns in the left part of the Inbox list (reply arrow, attachment paperclip, flag, etc) were reduced to allow more of the subject line to show in the list. Also, when there are no icons present, those columns will now collapse and not take up any room.
- The text on the Forward control is updated to show an ellipsis (...) as an indication that you must make a selection, to eliminate some confusion. This two-step control is still temporary while we work on one that will be a combination button and selection list, coming soon.
There were also a couple of minor bugs fixed. Thanks again for all the feedback, and we're still working hard on more improvements and will have another release in a few weeks.