« Jump to a page in your message list     |   Back to MAIN   |     Help us figure out a problem - repeated logins »

Web Mail Sending problems fixed - 09/16/08

Subject:       Web Mail Sending problems fixed
Date: September 16, 2008 4:24 PM

For the past few days users have been reporting timeouts or retries sometimes when attempting to send messages in Web Mail. Because of your reports, we found and fixed this problem today.

The trouble started a week ago on 9/9. We found the cause and it is now fixed. Sending should now work normally and quickly in Web Mail for all users.

Posted by: BillD   |   September 17, 2008 12:11 AM    |   (1)

Thanks, this bug was really frustrating me. What caused it to appear? Also, when the Send failed, an error message was displayed along with the unsent text. This is an improvement from Send failures in the past, which lost the text. However, this time any attachments were no longer attached, just the text was saved. The attacment information needs to be saved for the retry, too.

BillD

Posted by: Larry Moore   |   September 17, 2008 12:29 PM    |   (2)

See two previous reports.
My Send problems still exist today (Sep 17). I composed a message on my eMac, saved it as a draft, signed out, went to my PC to append a document. When I opened the Drafts window and selected the draft message, I got an error message stating that the message was no longer on the server. I signed out and went back to the eMac and found the draft with no problem. I made a slight edit and saved a second draft. When I went back to the PC, both drafts were in the message list. I opened the newest draft OK and appended a document and sent it OK (may have been kicked back to Signin - I blank out those excursions in my mind since they happen so often). When I went to the Sent window I tried to open the sent message and got a blank message (each field had something like "Not Available"). I went back to the eMac and the Sent email and remaining Draft were there and readable!
I did get a couple of Earthlink error messages even on my eMac yesterday evening.
"http://webmail.atl.earthlink.net
Error: status code is undefined"
I clicked OK and continued with the session without a crash.
I see my second post is not published on the blog yet. Hope you're finding me a solution. Thanks.

The problem on the PC seems to be related to your browser cache. Delete the temporary Internet files (clear the cache) and restart that browser. Also, make sure you are using the normal cache settings under Tools / Internet Options / Settings. If you have that set to Never, things won't work.

Posted by: Shelley   |   September 17, 2008 9:04 PM    |   (3)

For about a week now, I have had the send, forward problems, and hope they are now fixed. In addition, each time I go into webmail I must sign in as usual. The after beiing in webmail and reading my emails, going to the next one, deleting, it will kick me out and I have to sign in again and again. Can you tell me why this is happening? I have called support and they are going to have a supervisor call me (he hasn't) This is very frustrating. Anyone else having this trouble? Thank you

We're looking into this as a few users are seeing it, and we don't yet know the exact cause, but it is due to some change in the browser on the user end. Nothing changed recently on our end. If you did any recent updates, any information you can provide would be helpful.

Posted by: ave   |   October 13, 2008 11:28 PM    |   (4)

It's Oct. 12th and I'm still getting knocked off earthlink since Sept. 9th, unless I get on internet explorer with no add-ons. This is after I have done every suggestion posted. I know earthlink isn't the source of the problem, but I was wondering if anyone had reported where it's coming from. Thank you for your help. BTW I have internet explorer 8...

You should be able to use the fix described in the post on the front page of the blog (resetting default IE settings). No one has identified the specific non-default setting that causes the problem, but we know for sure that at default settings the issue goes away.

Posted by: Virginia Benedict   |   January 12, 2009 3:22 PM    |   (5)

Is anyone experiencing loss of composed message both during spell-check and/or while sending?
1/12/2009
I have been experiencing this intermittently, when I least expected.

Posted by: OmphalosXD   |   February 4, 2009 9:07 PM    |   (6)

I have searching the net for long time for this information.
Great post, I really love it. I will surely share this one to my friends
I love it, I will surely point this post to my blog visitors, thank you for sharing.

Posted by: Dennis Dietz`   |   February 24, 2011 10:04 PM    |   (7)

I recently transfered all my stuff over to IE from MSN and my email client is now 'webmail'. I used to be able to send out an email to up to 100 addresses at a time but apparently there is a limitation in webmail. I understand that the reason for the limitation is to decrease SPAM but I now have to send 3-4 mailings to accomplish the same thing. Is there a way to increase the number of address that I can send to at one time?
Also on the menu bar of MSN email there was a button that allowed me to 'undo last action'. Is there something similar in webmail without having to start all over? I sure miss that button.
Thanks,