« Faster Web Mail for dial-up users     |   Back to MAIN   |     Web Mail 6.0 released to all users today »

Update on the new Web Mail interface - 04/17/09

Subject:       Update on the new Web Mail interface
Date: April 17, 2009 11:59 AM

We've been gradually turning on the Web Mail 6.0 interface for a few thousand users at at time and soliciting feedback so that we can fix any problems before rolling it out 100%. We'll be doing one or two more test batches and then hopefully turn it on for everyone with in the next 3-4 weeks. I previously posted more information about the new interface changes here.

Here's a live screenshot:

reduced.gif

If you want to be in the next batch of users who get to try it first, let me know here and I'll put you on the list. During this period we have a link that allows you to opt back out if you have trouble.

« Previous   |   Showing Comments 51-55 of 55

Posted by: Voula Heffernan   |   June 29, 2009 11:50 AM    |   (51)

I believe I currently have the new changes (6.0.35) on my Mac Safari and it has been very nice to finally be able to use various texts, color etc with my Mac. Hooray and thanks!!! It seems to be working OK but have noticed a couple of glitches to report. When I work in a draft form, I cannot get spellcheck to work correctly. At first no text came up...just a blank slate, although it linked to the spellcheck set-up. Now the text appears with the spellcheck set-up with no words to correct...those fields are blank. This could be a problem only with Macs/Safari or maybe others have also noticed? I don't use my draft that all much but lately have used it and noticed these glitches. A couple of weeks ago a huge (and–sadly–important) draft I was working on was erased and the command said it was "no longer on the server," that I had been on line too long. I have my preferences set up for plenty of time before that should happen so was wondering about that too. You all have been working hard and it's great to see these upgrades. Thanks a bunch!!!

Posted by: Jeff Ford   |   June 30, 2009 4:36 AM    |   (52)

Don't like it at all. Everything new isn't improved. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Posted by: Jeff Ford   |   June 30, 2009 2:13 PM    |   (53)

1. Move the Suspect mail folder back to the same area/section that the IN folder is located in.

2. Put an additional sign out link underneath the Anonymous Email folder like it was in the previous version of Webmail.

3. The Deleted window/message is junk.

4. Here is a very novel suggestion. Instead of spending all your time and effort on eye candy, increase the number of addresses on the Blocked Sender List.

Posted by: craigo   |   July 28, 2009 1:36 PM    |   (54)

Just read some of the comments on the new version. Boo hiss for those who don't like the improvements -- you DO have the option of using the old version, you know.

I asked a couple of questions under "I have a suggestion" (wrong place?), but now have found the answer to the first one: keeping personal settings for composing mail. Follow-up question would be "How soon?" Seems like it takes forever. Second one was about setting priority for composed messages (i.e., urgent, normal). Is this coming, too?

thanx

A new preference for the default compose mode (rich or plain) is in the next release, coming in August. Then a button to save all your compose settings (fonts colors etc) is coming in the release after that. We don't have any plans right now to set a priority header on outgoing messages in Web Mail.

Posted by: ahkjsk   |   August 4, 2009 6:51 PM    |   (55)

Other companies even free ones give you more than 2 gig of storage. What is taking Earthlink so long to give 1 gig of storag?

« Previous   |   Showing Comments 51-55 of 55