« Some updates on a few things     |   Back to MAIN   |     Try out the new Mobile Email »

Update on some current issues - 02/22/10

Subject:       Update on some current issues
Date: February 22, 2010 11:41 AM

A small portion of mailboxes that end in earthlink.net or mindspring.com currently have a couple of annoying problems that we are working on fixing quickly. So if you experience one of these, it should go away sometime soon.

• The Trash and/or Suspect Email folders may not get autodeleted according to your setting. You can easily empty these yourself, and the autodelete schedule will be working again soon.
  • The spamBlocker summary emails might be sent to you daily even if you have changed the setting to be weekly or never. This should be fixed within the next week.

Posted by: V. Heffernan   |   March 1, 2010 4:27 PM    |   (1)

I don't know if this is one of the problems but just today and yesterday, I am finding that people have sent me e-mails with attached pdf files that have been stripped of the file. These messages have been sent numbers of times and only one reached me that was correct. Some messages have not reached my mailbox at all. I have checked spam folders as well as the virus protector box and those messages are not there either. Any idea about what is happening? I have a Mac OSX v. 10.4.11 and use Safari 4.0.4.

Posted by: BrightBoy   |   March 2, 2010 2:02 PM    |   (2)

I am having a problem with the current version of WebMail not displaying more than
one page of search results (when using the Search Email feature) even though I
know 100% for a fact that there are more results.

Posted by: kiya babzani   |   March 9, 2010 4:15 PM    |   (3)

I've had the same email address for 15 years and am now almost forced to leave this service because over the past 2 months countless people have told me that their emails to me have been bouncing, i've gone back and forth with Earthlink's tech support and they keep telling me to have the people emailing me to forward the bounce message to a certain email address, this is not only unprofessional but near impossible for me to do because so many emails are bouncing.
I have 101MB of space left, i'm an advanced user, i know what i'm doing and i KNOW this issue is on Earthlink's side. This is my last resort hoping that whoever runs this email blog can help me.

-k

Ask the person getting the bounces, for their SMTP server name or IP that they are using in their email software for outgoing mail, and give me that here. If you want it kept private I won't publish it, but I'll look into why they got blocked and see if it can be fixed.

Posted by: Karen   |   March 14, 2010 2:43 PM    |   (4)

Re: The Trash and/or Suspect Email folders may not get autodeleted according to your setting. Is this problem fixed?

Fix is coming within a week or so.

Posted by: anne   |   April 13, 2010 12:11 AM    |   (5)

The time on my webmail emails, to and from, have been incorrect for a month now. Also, when I hit return, it automatically puts a space inbetween the lines, which I don't want.
How can these be corrected? Thanks.

Posted by: Ellen Hall   |   August 5, 2010 8:10 AM    |   (6)

Still wish the Search feature would search more than one folder at a time. Still wish the choices I enter ("From" and "Folder") would stay in place. It defaults back each time so I have to choose the same things over and over and over again. Any hope for a little stronger Search?

Posted by: Janice Simpkins   |   August 18, 2010 8:35 AM    |   (7)

I am having problems trying to get into my web mailbox. It has been like this since yesterday (8/17/10). I just returned to work and cannot pull up anything to check my emails. Can you help me with this?

Posted by: Mike S.   |   September 12, 2010 10:42 PM    |   (8)

I've been having problems with my e-mail too.I't's a pain I hope the issue is resolved soon. m.d.s.

Posted by: ellen   |   November 11, 2010 4:10 PM    |   (9)

50-75 emails in know emails is just TOO MUCH even if they are deleted immediately. But I see the numbers in the known spam graff on my computer. Since you say all known spam are IMMEDIATELY deleted, why bother. I cant understand all this known spam getting through- Its a new thing that I assume has something to do with all the changer Windows has been making. How about finding away to remove ALL know spam without the chart

Posted by: karl duckett   |   February 6, 2011 8:32 AM    |   (10)

When accessing webmail on my mobile phone using m.webmail.earthlink.net (format for mobile phones) I cannot open an email that does not have a subject heading ?

Posted by: Jack Schoedinger   |   April 25, 2011 8:39 PM    |   (11)

My service has been poor at best and takes forever to down load programs or update my security data . I am located in Arkansas, in an area that has phone lines that were installed in mid 1970,s. and according to AT&T these lines are about 25 miles from there transmitions source and have been spliced many times. I have tried to cope with with the conditions but now I find it unacceptable with your 5-minute " non-activity" and "one hour" down load restrictions.

Posted by: david ross   |   March 29, 2012 12:56 AM    |   (12)

I cannot get rid of the constantly present pop-up: "Security Warning"....says "Do you want to view only the web page
content that was delivered securely?" "Yes or No" IT WON'T GO AWAY AND ALWAYS BLOCKS MY VIEW OF THE PAGE I AM
VIEWING, till I cancel it.....want to get rid of it forever!

DR