« Mobile Email problem fixed     |   Back to MAIN   |     Timezone fix »

Address Book issue on new Safari release - 07/14/10

Subject:       Address Book issue on new Safari release
Date: July 14, 2010 11:34 AM

About 3 weeks ago when a new Safari version was released, users of that browser become unable to use some Address Book features and unable to view the Address Book page in Web Mail. This problem was fixed yesterday. Let us know if you have any more trouble.

Posted by: W.D.Goodwin   |   July 16, 2010 12:22 PM    |   (1)

so glad to see you are still around ... as Mark Twain said ... " the rumors of your death were greatly exaggerated"

We do not see any regular updates, postings and replies from this blog any more, which is disappointing. This was one of my ritualistic stops each day to see what's what. Hope you will get the funding to get this place back operational.

Sincerely,
W.D.Goodwin

Posted by: V. Heffernan   |   August 6, 2010 12:48 AM    |   (2)

Thank you so very much for looking after all of us Safari folks. It's appreciated!

Posted by: V. Heffernan   |   August 18, 2010 4:24 PM    |   (3)

I'm glad you're still around too! I had left many messages about the address book issue with Safari and was so delighted to see that it was at long last fixed. Thanks so much!

FYI... I finally was so frustrated before the fix that that I did an on-line session with Earthlink's tech people about it. I'm afraid the issue stymied them and, it appeared, that the only fix for me was to download the Firefox program to use instead, which I did reluctantly. I guess it's good to have but... wouldn't they want to check with you first about doing that fix? Baffling... but I'm glad it's fixed!

Posted by: Cliff Perrenod   |   September 13, 2010 4:16 PM    |   (4)

Thanks fro taking care of the problem. You are a great technical resource. Like a another member i tried working with your online technical staff probably in Indonesia but hey were just styimed by what i was trying to explain to them. We need somebody more local.

Cliff

Posted by: margaret dudley   |   September 23, 2010 11:46 AM    |   (5)

I reported Sep 1, 2010 that I could not view my address book (2712) It seems as though some do not have this problem. Also, when I click on address book prompt I get a message that it is being down loaded, but the screen is still blank. I also can not add or edit, Can ANYONE help? Is this a problem that I will just have to accept? I have Safari 2.0.4. Is this the problem?