« Address Book issue on new Safari release     |   Back to MAIN   |     Email outage Thursday Nov. 18 »

Timezone fix - 09/17/10

Subject:       Timezone fix
Date: September 17, 2010 11:21 AM

In the latest maintenance release of Web Mail, which went live on 9/13, one of the significant issues we fixed is the longstanding timezone issue that affected some users. A small number of users would sometimes have the wrong timezone displayed in Web Mail and also stamped on outgoing messages. It would always be ET (GMT-5) even when they were in another timezone. This should be fixed now.

Please let me know if you encounter a problem with this again.

Posted by: PamelaJaye   |   September 18, 2010 1:26 PM    |   (1)

I have never noticed mobile webmail before and just tried it on my PC. much cleaner than regular webmail but missing two essential things on the mail listing page

Name of sender
Delete button

with some mail, you just want to delete it unopened, and some people, you want to get to them first.

Posted by: Allene Korinek   |   October 7, 2010 3:30 PM    |   (2)

I put a message on my e-mail site to not receive any mail, and now I do not know how to uddo this request.

Posted by: Conrad Neumann   |   October 22, 2010 8:32 PM    |   (3)

Soory, My email is still tagged with the EDT DTG and I live in the PDT zone. Conrad.

Posted by: Scott   |   October 25, 2010 7:26 PM    |   (4)

I still experience this problem all the time. Yesterday just was another day.

Posted by: Tracy   |   April 8, 2011 1:27 PM    |   (5)

Things I've been experiencing:

The time on my e-mail messages is messed up. I sent something at 12:30pm and yet the copy I sent myself says I sent it at 9:41am. I logged out, logged back in, then sent a copy of that message to myself again, and the time on the new e-mail was right.

I use webmail. Also, this happened a couple of weeks ago. I sent one message and when I received my copy of that message (I send a copy of all my messages to myself), the time was messed up. I think that e-mail was also off by 3-4 hours. Then, for some reason, the ones after that were fine.

I use this account for work-related e-mails. I need to keep track of my e-mails by date and time (so I know exactly when people have sent me materials to work on). How can I be confident that my e-mails that I receive are actually dated and timed according to the date/time they were actually sent?

Also, I noticed that when the time changes (daylight savings and then back again), the system changes the times on all of my saved e-mails by the one hour. In other words, messages I've already sent/received are changed to match the new time frame. Which doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

For example, let's say I sent an e-mail at 10:00am on January 12. If I were to access that e-mail now, it would say that I sent it at 11:00am. Which is wrong. Same thing for received e-mails. Messages already sent/received shouldn't have their times switched back and forth according to the new time frame.

So, there is a glitch somewhere with the time zones and the time. Please fix it.

Posted by: B   |   July 4, 2011 2:35 AM    |   (6)

My outgoing e-mails are again experiencing 3 hour difference in time stamp. Message sent at 10:18 PM PDT stamped as 7:18 PM PDT. My computer's clock is set correctly.

I experienced this problem before and then it got fixed. Now it's back.

Posted by: dave   |   July 18, 2011 9:43 AM    |   (7)

I have wrong time as well. I"m EST but is posting Pacific Time, 3 hours off.

Posted by: Jim   |   July 30, 2011 9:59 AM    |   (8)

I just switched to the 'new' webmail several days ago, and just now noticed the same problem with the time on the date - all my 'sent' emails are listed several hours earlier than I sent them - looks like West Coast time, but I'm on East Coast time - didn't have that problem with the 'old' version of webmail