« Web Mail 6.2.14 Released on 4/14     |   Back to MAIN   |     More Email Space available now »

International customers and travelers - 10/27/11

Subject:       International customers and travelers
Date: October 27, 2011 2:06 PM

For the past couple of weeks we had a number of reports and comments from users that could not access their Web Mail account from a location outside the U.S. This has been resolved.

Posted by: Edward M Kane   |   November 5, 2011 8:14 AM    |   (1)

Last month or so I have had a time lag after entering my password , to access my mail. Today after a minute or so it wouldn't open.I will try again after this comment.

Posted by: ModleT   |   November 9, 2011 1:43 PM    |   (2)

Thanks for your concern an responce. peace out....

Posted by: michael delmedico   |   December 3, 2011 5:13 PM    |   (3)

we have a wireless provider WI-LOGIC are they the people that makes retrieving and putting messages away so slow. sometimes it takes 10-20 seconds to access my email it always states
at the bottom of earthlink ( waiting for earthlink) also why cant we send larger than 10meg things
about 3months ago i got an email from earthlink stating a (big) change coming faster downloads
and larger file sizes what hoppened?? thank you anyway for a good job mike delmedico

Posted by: Andrew P.   |   December 9, 2011 12:56 PM    |   (4)

I don't know if this is related, but since the beginning of September 2011 the Web Mail response has become extremely slow most of the time. It can take upwards of a minute on a reasonably fast DSL connection for a screen to finish loading, either when checking for new mail or when opening a message. It seems to be getting worse over time. (I know it's not my computer, because I can access other Web Mail services such as Yahoo! Mail and Gmail with no problems.) The network activity indicator on my screen also says that most of the time nothing is going on, as if the EarthLink server has gone to sleep. Sometimes hitting the Reload button in my browser to "bump" the server helps speed things up.

Posted by: Tom W.   |   July 26, 2012 1:43 PM    |   (5)

I am having the same slowdown problem as Andrew P. (Dec 9, 2011 12:56)
The loading and refreshing of messages and pages has become so painfully slow that I can not utilize e-mail effectively due to time constraints. Although I am on cable, it is now slower than it used to be on dial-up. If I can not get my service restored to previous levels there is no reason to continue my subscription.

I have been with Earthlink ever since AOL took over Compuserve and degraded their service. I hope there is a solution.

You have my email address.

T